Header

Header

Sunday, January 22, 2012

And so 2012 begins!

I have been meaning to post for a few weeks but 2012 has been off to a busy start!

January 3rd, 2012 officially marked day 1 of our marathon training! Nathan and I are very excited to run in the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon on May 6th and are lucky enough to be doing so with a few family members. My dad will be running the marathon with us as well as my cousin Joey (correction- Joey will most definitely be ahead of us!). My grandfather was going to run with us as well but he may be doing the half now with my sister.  Training has been challenging so far but we really enjoy getting to do it together. We ran 7 miles on Saturday which was our longest run so far. We both felt great but exhausted. The hardest part has been giving up our fun Friday nights!

Last weekend we threw our friends Jenn & Jesse a surprise engagement party and rented a party bus. It was a great time for them to celebrate with their Houston friends and I know Jessi girl, Laci and I had a blast planning it. Trust me when I say that it was very impressive that we were able to keep it a secret from Jenn! A good time was had by all and we all are so happy for Jenn and Jesse. We wish them all the best as they begin married life and can't wait for their wedding in Atlanta in February!



We tricked Jenn by making her think it was her Houston Bachelorette party!


The surprised couple, Jenn and Jesse!


Love party planning with Laci and Jessi!


All of the girls!


Nathan with the bride to be!

We had another big adventure this weekend. After our run Saturday Nathan convinced me to go to the shooting range with him. He has been trying to get me to go since he got his gun last year. Our friends Thomas and Laci went as well which made me feel better to have one of my best friends there! It actually was very fun and I am very excited to learn how to safely handle and shoot the gun. I got more comfortable the more I shot it and actually didn't have terrible aim :) Maybe one day I will get a small pink gun for my own - until then I will happily accompany my husband to the shooting range!


Nathan in all of his glory- he really had a great shot and was a great teacher!


Laci and I looking good in our protective gear!



2 comments:

  1. Watch out for this guy... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jogger%27s_nipple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven months since a post... you guys are slacking. Hope packing is going well. I expect an update to the blog with pictures after you move. Also, expect me at your doorstep when the rainy season starts here again (it's gorgeous right now).

    ReplyDelete